Author: Leslie O.
This was our first Paint the Night experience and it proved to be an inexpensive way to have fun, where we were able to create something beautiful together with my husband. Here’s our masterpiece:
I’m so excited to review the Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment kindly provided to be by for Ouidad for review.
A Few Points About My Hair
- I’m transitioning to no-heat styling
- I have very thin and dry hair strands
- I stopped relaxing my hair and did the big chop 4 years ago but continued to use heat
- My styling routine has been to triple heat style my hair weekly, that is hood-dry with rollers, followed by a blow dry and then flat iron. I also flat ironed my bangs daily which equals to lots of heat damage and clearly curl loss
- 6 months ago I bleached and color my hair twice in one week in to color correct
- My hair needs a serious change!
Finally, I’m a curly in transition. As of a month ago I decided to significantly reduce heat in my routine or completely eliminating it. My husband is so supportive of this so it shouldn’t be hard.
I’m in love! This oil is very light weight and can be used in many different ways. I love that it adds nice lasting shine without weighing my hair down or making it greasy. And it makes my hair smell great. I used the oil on a very humid day and my hair didn’t get out of control and I was surprised to see so many curls in the bottom half of my head. My hair at the top is extremely damaged from the heat but you can see some curls starting to form.
4 Ways You Can Use Ouidad’s Mongongo Oil
- Mixed with a deep conditioner
- In the Shower – spray on your hair after wash and massage onto scalp. Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse
- As a heat protectant if you use heat
- Daily as a finishing gloss
Enter to Win a Bottle of Ouidad’s Mongogo Oil!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Time to get our shoe racks ready for the Fall and Target is having an amazing sale until August 20th to help us get started on the basics.
1. Suede Pumps modern pointy pumps that are perfect for the office. They come in a classic black or a burgundy color that is very hot this season.
2. Lace-up Flats I want them in every color! These are so perfect, they have great aesthetics, available in beautiful colors and have a nice little height so that you are not completely flat on the floor. Black is perfect for everyday work, denim is great with a white outfit, red looks awesome with jeans on the weekend or will add a pop to a black or white outfit, it also works great with stripes. And brown suede has autumn written all over it, perfect for a casual weekend outfit.
3. Mary-Jane Flats these playful leopard print flats will add pop to your weekend outfit.
4. Classic Boots whether you choose black or cognac, you can’t go wrong with these classic, comfortable and trendy boots.
5. Open-toe Booties if you are looking for trendy, these are for you. You can dress them up for a night out or dress them down in the daytime.
6. Cowboy Booties cowboy boots are a fall staple and the slick and more refined version of it cowboy bootie is something city gals can roll with.
7. Classic Bootie
Anyone familiar with the snowball payoff plan, the envelope system and the rice and beans budget would appreciate Target’s Buy1Get1 50% off shoe sale. As I get older I’ve learn to appreciate quality over quantity but the truth is I could build an entire wardrobe of pretty shoes at Target for a quarter of the price of a beautiful pair of Stuart Weitzman boots and that will do until I kick Sallie Mae to the curb.
- My most over utilized tools continue to be Pocket and Evernote. Canva for blog images.
- These cool life-hack Ted Talks available on Netflix.
- I like reading yearly horoscope for entertainment and here is a cool one.
- Unhappy with your life? Take action for happiness here.
- A wonderful relationship.
- Our friends and family, their health, presence, love and support. And for all of our friends and family that have confirmed their attendance to our wedding and those that wish they can be there but are not able to make it.
- My moms unconditional and overwhelming love and support.
- A new job where I feel very happy.
- Our new house in The Bronx (peace rent!).
- Allowing us to save up and pay for our wedding cash, no debt.
- New friendships that are here to stay (you know who you are).
- Overcoming my fear of weights at the gym. I’ve always been skinny fat, basically I’ve never worried about diets or exercise and was never consistent with my workouts. I did steps and ballet in high school and occasional yoga in my 20’s (I had a gym membership for 2 months but hardly used it). After working out with my fiancé, I now love weight workouts and want to have healthy diet and exercise plan.
- My blog 1 year anniversary, it’s successes and increased readership. As well as the awesome people I’ve met because of it.
- Our daily bread and being able to treat myself to Luke’s Lobster, Vosges Chocolates and my favorite foods when I craved them.
- Shoe laces and trading them for this.
- My mole (I just wish i can move it closer to my lips!).
- Wisdom tooth.
- Hair breaking scrunchies and replacing them with these lovely things.
- Spending 2-3 hours in the hair salon every Saturday (they are always really busy and take no appointments) instead I’m going to use less heat and do my own hair more often. Turning this into a hot oil mask is working magic on my hair.
- Buying lunch 5 days a week, reduce that to only 2-3 times a week. these collapsible bowls are everything!
- Letting sales people talk me into buying things I don’t want or need or that are simply just not right for me. Instead, I will make more planned purchases.
- Clutter. I will continue my minimalist/clutter free project and will begin applying the 3-7-14 rule to anything new I buy.
- Boring clothes.
- Be Grateful: I will write 3 things I’m grateful for each day or things that made me happy and dump it in jar like this.
- Journal: Continue to journal on evernote and on my blog.
- Exercise: Develop a routine and stick to it.
- Meditate: I’m already doing this. If you are new to meditation sign up to be notified when the next Deepak and Oprah free meditation challenge is available. I recently tried Kundalini Yoga and loved it.
- Random Acts of Kindness: I was the recipient of a couple of acts of kindness throughout the year and I want to pay it forward.
- Our wedding.
- Will this be the year of the baby bump? We want it to be.
- Go back to church / congregating.
- Keeping a gratitude jar.
- Spending more time with friends and being present in their lives.
- More blogging, more collaborations and making back-end changes to the blog to make it faster and prettier.
- A fitness routine (making fitness a priority, finding a gym and schedule that fits into my life naturally and without major effort). My upper body strength is very week so I will be using this guide.
- Healthy meal plan / grocery list.
- Since my measurements rarely fit into anything straight from the rack I want to take a sewing class or improve my cooking skills. There are fun classes on Verlocal. William Sonoma offers free cooking demos which is a good start too.
- Host a couple of summer backyard parties.
- Take at least one international trip other than our wedding. Potential places are the south of Italy, Norway, the Dominican Republic where we have friends and family.
- Read good stuff.
- Stop being camera shy and take more photos of myself, my love ones, my surrounding. They will make good memories one day.
- Support my fiance (husband by then) with his photography passion and business.
- Being the one who is always on time.
- Pay off my smallest student loan.
- A laundry room in the basement.
- Let Ikea open up and redo my tiny kitchen.
- A space saving refrigerator that will help me stay organized and keep food fresher longer.
- New work wardrobe.
- A nice everyday handbag.
- An updated lingerie drawer. Getting rid of stuff and adding new things. So far I was gifted this beautiful robe that I’m in love with and this set. I bought this gorgeous lace balconette set and picked up a couple of fun inexpensive pieces: a super comfortable uniform bra, this super cute nightie, this white and baby blue set, and this set in tequila sunrise, I didn’t love the color but its a nice fit so I’m keeping it.
- International trip other than my wedding.
The 2016 extra MONEY-IN to-do list
- I’m writing myself an abundance check a la Jim Carey with how much money I want to be making long term (big check) and another small one for much I want to make this year blogging.
- Help my fiance launch his photography side business.
That’s all folks. Happy and Prosperous 2016!
2. Star Wars Female StormTrooper
They will have no idea what hit them when they find out what is hiding under this suit. Talk about unexpected.
3. Special Ops SWAT
Agile, armed and ready to take down any threat. Nobody will dare refuse any of your orders.
Will they be scared? or will they fall into your spell? Either way, this costume will make you one sexy evil temptress.
5. Harley Quinn
Joker or not, this outfit will have you ready for a night of mischief.
6. Sexy Alien
Hello earthlings! this is what we look like in Mars.
7. Minnie Mouse
And all the Mickeys’ mouths will drop.
Hope you enjoyed my picks for the most sexy Halloween outfits. Let me know which one is your favorite in the comments and be sure to check out www.3wishes.com for an immense list of high quality costumes for every style.
Follow 3Wishes here: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook