This was our first Paint the Night experience and it proved to be an inexpensive way to have fun, where we were able to create something beautiful together with my husband. Here’s our masterpiece:
Category: Everything Else
I’m so excited to review the Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment kindly provided to be by for Ouidad for review.
A Few Points About My Hair
- I’m transitioning to no-heat styling
- I have very thin and dry hair strands
- I stopped relaxing my hair and did the big chop 4 years ago but continued to use heat
- My styling routine has been to triple heat style my hair weekly, that is hood-dry with rollers, followed by a blow dry and then flat iron. I also flat ironed my bangs daily which equals to lots of heat damage and clearly curl loss
- 6 months ago I bleached and color my hair twice in one week in to color correct
- My hair needs a serious change!
Finally, I’m a curly in transition. As of a month ago I decided to significantly reduce heat in my routine or completely eliminating it. My husband is so supportive of this so it shouldn’t be hard.
I’m in love! This oil is very light weight and can be used in many different ways. I love that it adds nice lasting shine without weighing my hair down or making it greasy. And it makes my hair smell great. I used the oil on a very humid day and my hair didn’t get out of control and I was surprised to see so many curls in the bottom half of my head. My hair at the top is extremely damaged from the heat but you can see some curls starting to form.
4 Ways You Can Use Ouidad’s Mongongo Oil
- Mixed with a deep conditioner
- In the Shower – spray on your hair after wash and massage onto scalp. Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse
- As a heat protectant if you use heat
- Daily as a finishing gloss
Enter to Win a Bottle of Ouidad’s Mongogo Oil!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Time to get our shoe racks ready for the Fall and Target is having an amazing sale until August 20th to help us get started on the basics.
1. Suede Pumps modern pointy pumps that are perfect for the office. They come in a classic black or a burgundy color that is very hot this season.
2. Lace-up Flats I want them in every color! These are so perfect, they have great aesthetics, available in beautiful colors and have a nice little height so that you are not completely flat on the floor. Black is perfect for everyday work, denim is great with a white outfit, red looks awesome with jeans on the weekend or will add a pop to a black or white outfit, it also works great with stripes. And brown suede has autumn written all over it, perfect for a casual weekend outfit.
3. Mary-Jane Flats these playful leopard print flats will add pop to your weekend outfit.
4. Classic Boots whether you choose black or cognac, you can’t go wrong with these classic, comfortable and trendy boots.
5. Open-toe Booties if you are looking for trendy, these are for you. You can dress them up for a night out or dress them down in the daytime.
6. Cowboy Booties cowboy boots are a fall staple and the slick and more refined version of it cowboy bootie is something city gals can roll with.
7. Classic Bootie
Anyone familiar with the snowball payoff plan, the envelope system and the rice and beans budget would appreciate Target’s Buy1Get1 50% off shoe sale. As I get older I’ve learn to appreciate quality over quantity but the truth is I could build an entire wardrobe of pretty shoes at Target for a quarter of the price of a beautiful pair of Stuart Weitzman boots and that will do until I kick Sallie Mae to the curb.
- My most over utilized tools continue to be Pocket and Evernote. Canva for blog images.
- These cool life-hack Ted Talks available on Netflix.
- I like reading yearly horoscope for entertainment and here is a cool one.
- Unhappy with your life? Take action for happiness here.
- A wonderful relationship.
- Our friends and family, their health, presence, love and support. And for all of our friends and family that have confirmed their attendance to our wedding and those that wish they can be there but are not able to make it.
- My moms unconditional and overwhelming love and support.
- A new job where I feel very happy.
- Our new house in The Bronx (peace rent!).
- Allowing us to save up and pay for our wedding cash, no debt.
- New friendships that are here to stay (you know who you are).
- Overcoming my fear of weights at the gym. I’ve always been skinny fat, basically I’ve never worried about diets or exercise and was never consistent with my workouts. I did steps and ballet in high school and occasional yoga in my 20’s (I had a gym membership for 2 months but hardly used it). After working out with my fiancé, I now love weight workouts and want to have healthy diet and exercise plan.
- My blog 1 year anniversary, it’s successes and increased readership. As well as the awesome people I’ve met because of it.
- Our daily bread and being able to treat myself to Luke’s Lobster, Vosges Chocolates and my favorite foods when I craved them.
- Shoe laces and trading them for this.
- My mole (I just wish i can move it closer to my lips!).
- Wisdom tooth.
- Hair breaking scrunchies and replacing them with these lovely things.
- Spending 2-3 hours in the hair salon every Saturday (they are always really busy and take no appointments) instead I’m going to use less heat and do my own hair more often. Turning this into a hot oil mask is working magic on my hair.
- Buying lunch 5 days a week, reduce that to only 2-3 times a week. these collapsible bowls are everything!
- Letting sales people talk me into buying things I don’t want or need or that are simply just not right for me. Instead, I will make more planned purchases.
- Clutter. I will continue my minimalist/clutter free project and will begin applying the 3-7-14 rule to anything new I buy.
- Boring clothes.
- Be Grateful: I will write 3 things I’m grateful for each day or things that made me happy and dump it in jar like this.
- Journal: Continue to journal on evernote and on my blog.
- Exercise: Develop a routine and stick to it.
- Meditate: I’m already doing this. If you are new to meditation sign up to be notified when the next Deepak and Oprah free meditation challenge is available. I recently tried Kundalini Yoga and loved it.
- Random Acts of Kindness: I was the recipient of a couple of acts of kindness throughout the year and I want to pay it forward.
- Our wedding.
- Will this be the year of the baby bump? We want it to be.
- Go back to church / congregating.
- Keeping a gratitude jar.
- Spending more time with friends and being present in their lives.
- More blogging, more collaborations and making back-end changes to the blog to make it faster and prettier.
- A fitness routine (making fitness a priority, finding a gym and schedule that fits into my life naturally and without major effort). My upper body strength is very week so I will be using this guide.
- Healthy meal plan / grocery list.
- Since my measurements rarely fit into anything straight from the rack I want to take a sewing class or improve my cooking skills. There are fun classes on Verlocal. William Sonoma offers free cooking demos which is a good start too.
- Host a couple of summer backyard parties.
- Take at least one international trip other than our wedding. Potential places are the south of Italy, Norway, the Dominican Republic where we have friends and family.
- Read good stuff.
- Stop being camera shy and take more photos of myself, my love ones, my surrounding. They will make good memories one day.
- Support my fiance (husband by then) with his photography passion and business.
- Being the one who is always on time.
- Pay off my smallest student loan.
- A laundry room in the basement.
- Let Ikea open up and redo my tiny kitchen.
- A space saving refrigerator that will help me stay organized and keep food fresher longer.
- New work wardrobe.
- A nice everyday handbag.
- An updated lingerie drawer. Getting rid of stuff and adding new things. So far I was gifted this beautiful robe that I’m in love with and this set. I bought this gorgeous lace balconette set and picked up a couple of fun inexpensive pieces: a super comfortable uniform bra, this super cute nightie, this white and baby blue set, and this set in tequila sunrise, I didn’t love the color but its a nice fit so I’m keeping it.
- International trip other than my wedding.
The 2016 extra MONEY-IN to-do list
- I’m writing myself an abundance check a la Jim Carey with how much money I want to be making long term (big check) and another small one for much I want to make this year blogging.
- Help my fiance launch his photography side business.
That’s all folks. Happy and Prosperous 2016!
2. Star Wars Female StormTrooper
They will have no idea what hit them when they find out what is hiding under this suit. Talk about unexpected.
3. Special Ops SWAT
Agile, armed and ready to take down any threat. Nobody will dare refuse any of your orders.
Will they be scared? or will they fall into your spell? Either way, this costume will make you one sexy evil temptress.
5. Harley Quinn
Joker or not, this outfit will have you ready for a night of mischief.
6. Sexy Alien
Hello earthlings! this is what we look like in Mars.
7. Minnie Mouse
And all the Mickeys’ mouths will drop.
Hope you enjoyed my picks for the most sexy Halloween outfits. Let me know which one is your favorite in the comments and be sure to check out www.3wishes.com for an immense list of high quality costumes for every style.
Follow 3Wishes here: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Meet Raquel Harris, a stunning young entrepreneur and owner of Baiser Marsai (be-zay mar-say) lingerie boutique, who is turning a tragic life experience into victory for every woman who feels their needs are ignored by the lingerie companies.
When Raquel first reached out to me to introduce me to her lingerie store, the first thing that stood out were her models, I thought wow, I can see myself wearing this and that model has my body type! I felt understood and a sense of belonging.
I later found out that this is part of her intention, when picking out her models Raquel wanted them to be representative of her clients and herself instead of models the fit the usual idolized idea of beauty because she doesn’t believe that beauty comes in a perfect size or perfect body type, she believes beauty is you and that what is perfect is you just as you are. Beauty is “I am confident with who I am, I like who I am and like what I see in the mirror when nobody is looking” she said to me. The passion in Raquel’s voice as she uttered those words during our phone conversation could not have sounded any more pure, it was clear to me that she holds herself to that belief and it translates into effortless confidence, grace and beauty that makes you want her around all the time.
Hiring non-traditional models didn’t come without objections but Raquel stood her ground and hired models that are diverse in terms of race, size and shape defying the norms of the industry and rejecting all advice that went against the way she wants to do things.
Lingerie is not about sex is about intimacy
“I’ve always wanted a boutique and I knew that I wanted the boutique to somehow gratify the beauty of a woman. I think as women we are most beautiful in our intimate moments. Many think of lingerie as super sexual, however I want the intimacy of loving and knowing oneself to be acknowledged and embraced with Baiser Marsai. When we start the day, it all begins with how we are feeling about ourselves inside, so feeling beautiful in your underwear sets a great tone. Lingerie is something I’ve always love and it is very personal to me and it represents all of this, always acknowledging that the first building block for becoming anything, from having self-love to be invested and be intimate in any kind of relationship whether it’s a friendship or love is Oneself. The more you embrace your own skin and who you are genuinely and confidently the more your beauty will truly come out, it’s like domino effect.”
Finding strength in tragedy to fuel her purpose
“Marsai is the name of my childhood best friend who was murdered at a high school football game our senior year in college. I always wanted to do something that would somehow pay homage to her. Marsai loved empowering her girlfriends and had the most amazing, bubbly, contagious spirit. She’s my angel, and Baiser means kiss, so the name behind my brand essentially means Kiss Marsai, or Kissed by an Angel.”
The most exciting thing that has happened to her store so far
“The first day I launched I was able to sell out of two of the products (this one and this one). I wasn’t expecting that. I didn’t do a big marketing thing or anything paid, it was organic and I just used social media. I also love that people comment on the high quality of my products often and they find that it is within their reach”
And of course I know you want more so here’s our Q&A :)
Tell me a little about yourself
I am a Houston, TX native – born, raised, and schooled there. I moved to Austin in March 2013 and have lived here since. In my free time I can easily be found in a random coffee shops known for their affogato and bomb playlists :-) I enjoy coffee and music so I’ll go into a coffee shop on a Saturday morning with my MacBook and before I know it I’ve spent the entire day there working, reading, and people watching. It’s great.
Being an entrepreneur is not easy, do you have any mentors?
I learned tremendous amount and some of my entrepreneurial skills from dad who is my very best mentor. He can look at a process and paint the full picture from beginning to end. That’s what I have seen and mimic from him, but most importantly I learned two things that are invaluable from him; which are to do everything with honesty and integrity. I worked for my dad through summers of my childhood and noticed that people always had wonderful things to say about him. Working for him I was able to see that the measure of a person is not what they have but what they do with what they have and he maximized every opportunity, bringing others along as he did so. I want do the same thing, and this business is just the beginning.*
Lingerie is fun so let’s get back to that…
What is your favorite lingerie color?
I have a blog that talks about what your favorite/go to lingerie color says about your style (link here). Mine was black for the longest. For a few years I literally only owned black underwear. I’d say I have two go to’s now; black and nude! Both go with everything and look great!
What is your favorite lingerie piece in your store and why?
My favorite piece is the Michelle V Lace Teddy. It’s just hot! It be worn intimately or even coupled with a high-waisted skirt or pant and worn for a night out! I actually wore it to my first trunk show :-)
Can you build our lingerie wardrobe from Baiser Marsai?
Can you pick a bra for us to wear daily?
My daily choice is the Strapless Convertible Bra by Nubian Skin. I love this bra so much that I have it in all the colors offered. It fits true to size and you can literally do whatever you want with the straps, crisscross them, take them off and wear it traditionally. It’s a go to bra.
What about sexy lingerie for date night/ special occasion?
I love The Crimson Satin & Lace Corset. It’s flirty and feminine and I’ve seen it work beautifully on a variety of women.
My wedding is coming up, what lingerie piece should I wear on wedding night?
For wedding night I recommend something comfy to wear to bed – White Lace Kimono It’s lightweight and very angelic. It gives just a peak at what’s under and you can wear it on wedding night and easily through the honeymoon.
And finally something sexy to wear to bed?
For bed I’m really feeling the Black and Chrome Camisole Set. It’s feels great, really soft and silky, and it’s equally as pretty. It’s a win-win because you go to bed looking good and feeling good too. Only thing about this piece is it’s so comfy I love to lounge it longer than I should sometimes :-)
I’m working on designing my own line of luxury lingerie. God willing, in 12 months it will be in Baiser Marsai as well as a few other retail shops.
I hope you guys enjoyed meeting Raquel as much as I have, and if you feel inspired, heard and understood I encourage you to support her small business. She told me she wants to hear your suggestions and requests so please do reach out to her if you have any comments and finally follow her on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.