- Plenty of TVs Views from Anywhere + Audio – This bar has HD TVs everywhere. You will have screens to your left, in front and to your right from any table. But when watching a game, the sound is just as important and many establishments take that for granted but not HT.
- Extensive Beer Menu/ Good Drinks/ Happy Hour Specials -HT has over 45 beers on the menu, a great wine selection and happy hour specials.
- Great Wings and Bar Food– Chicken wings is a game night staple and some bar wings are simply not so great. I like the wings and bar food here. The skillet nachos, have a creamy white sauce at the bottom that is amazing! You can also get soups, salads, burgers, flatbreads and entrees.
- Comfortable Environment -No matter how much a sports bar want to appeal to the young, modern and hip, it must maintain a casual feel to it. Nobody wants to “dress up” to go watch the game nor deal with bougie-wannabes. Which brings me to the next point…
- The People – It’s nice to go to a bar where other sports fan will be cheering along. Whether you are on the same team or not – it’s always fun to be in the spirit.
- Space/ Plenty of Seating – This one is a personal preference. I want to be comfortable sitting down at a table, enjoying the game along with my food and drinks. Some people love to stand by the bar and that’s fine but I think having plenty of seats available is a huge plus.
- Location – There a plenty of bars in NYC, however this one is conveniently located at 164th street and Broadway – within <15 minutes from some Bronx areas, some Harlem areas, Inwood and Washington Heights.
Heights Tavern info:
b/t 164th St and 163rd
Phone: (212) 740-5700
If you live in the upper Manhattan area, which is your favorite Sports Bar?
If you don’t, what do you think makes a Sports Bar great in your? Would you add anything to this list?