Last Sunday High Heels and Grits gave Lucky Seven Ten a Liebster Award. This award is passed on from bloggers to new bloggers that inspire them and have less than 200 followers.
Now is my turn to do the following:
- Post 11 random things about myself.
- Answering Rachel’s 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 new blogs/bloggers with <200 followers that I’m inspired by.
- Ask my nominees 11 questions.
11 Random Things About Me
- I’m engaged to an God-sent amazing man.
- I was born in Dominican Republic & have lived in NYC since age 9.
- I have dual citizenship – Dominican & American.
- I was raised Roman Catholic but as an adult decided that becoming a non-denominational Christian was better suited to my beliefs and got baptized on the beach.
- I love to travel and Barcelona is one gorgeous city I would live in.
- As a kid I loved this song which talks about wanting to have 1 million friends (but I would picture having 1 million friends around the world that I can visit when I travel).
- I have a large mole in between my nose and lips that I often contemplate removing but can’t get myself to do it.
- I have a lot close friends and most are females.
- I love coffee. Homemade black Bustelo brewed on a greca.
- I have an Associates degree in Marketing and Bachelors in Business Management & Finance.
- I was extremely shy an introverted but I’m more an extrovert now.
11 Questions from High Heels and Grits‘ Rachel to me
- What has been the biggest success in your life so far?
Being in tune with myself. Knowing, loving and accepting who I am.
- What has been your biggest failure?
No failures, I call them learning experiences. One that lingered for a long time was the poor financial decisions I made after being laid off due to the Global Financial Crisis and 2008-2009 Stock Market Crash. Now I’m all about budgeting and conscious spending. But, I think in general I’ve done what I can in the situations I’ve been placed.
- What has been your biggest blogging success?
I just started the Lucky Seven Ten blog about a month ago, but prior this, I started a blog project giving small businesses Marketing and Public Relations advice. I didn’t get to blog as much but I did offer free consultations for a while and worked with non profit organizations. I did about 10-15 marketing consultations and I was very proud of the positive feedback I received from my clients. Most small business have no clue about marketing strategy and how it all works so they were grateful for the information I provided.
- What was your biggest blogging failure?
Not continuing to blog for small businesses. I have the knowledge and ideas that I know many small business can benefit from but I simply don’t have the time to commit to that type of project right now. Lucky Seven Ten is completely for leisure and a creative outlet.
- Are you an only child, the oldest, middle or youngest child?
Oldest of my mom and middle of my dad. My father had a son prior to marrying my mom.
- Where do you wish you were living?
Somewhere with no long harsh winters. A little chill is nice for a couple weeks but in NYC winter tends to over extend its stay. I’ve grown into it but last year I worked by the water and the winner kicked my b*tt.
- Not to be morbid, but where do you want to live your last day on this earth?
A place free of injustices and oppression. Where all citizens live peacefully and in harmony with each other, but that might be reserved for heaven ::sigh::
- What is your favorite board game?
It used to be monopoly although I was just an average player. Charades is a fun game to play in groups.
- What do you just LOVE about yourself?
When I have a goal in sight there is no giving up. But I really have to believe that this is what I want and that it is worth the time and patience I will need to invest in it.
- What do you just LOVE about mankind?
That we are works of God and He makes no mistakes. The human body alone is so complex and amazing. Sometimes I picture God working on nature, making new creatures and keeping us in awe of all his amazing creation. I also think that collectively we reflect a tiny peace of God – we are artist, architects, doctors, healers, etc.
- Which of your blog posts should we visit?
The about me section.
And now my 11 nominees listed here.